(1) Where are you from and how would you like to be identified?
Baltimore, MD/ Sea Lion
(2) Thinking back to your “day-1 self,” what is going through your mind at the start?
I was thinking, "holy fuck it's hot. I'm scared. Am I gonna make it? Did I forget anything? Uhhh, I quit my job to be here. Better get walking."
(3) Do you feel ready?
Not at all!
(4) What are you most afraid of?
I am most afraid of not finishing because I left everything behind to hike the trail: my job, my apartment, and my friends and family.
(5) What are you most confident about?
The support and expertise of my boyfriend. Shoutout to Space Jam!
(6) Does anybody not want you to go?
My mum, of course! She was scared at first but she eventually came around.
(7) What made you decide to take this hike?
I wanted to challenge myself. I wanted to represent an underrepresented group of people and prove myself to myself. Two years ago, I would've placed myself living on the west coast, not hiking its entirety! HAHA
(8) What do you expect to get from it?
I expect challenges, new friends, awe, growth and lifelong memories.
(9) Have you ever done anything like this before?
NEVERRR! Total novice hiker here.
(10) What have you done to prepare?
I did one test hike on AT for a weekend.
(11) What are you looking forward to the most?
All of it! Mainly because I have no idea what's coming next. That constant stimulation of the mind with natural beauty is unlike anything I've ever experienced.
(12) When/where did you leave the trail?
Made it to CANADA on September 28! Woooohoooo!
(14) Would you like to add anything else?
To anyone who is even considering hiking the trail...just do it!! It doesn't matter if you make it one day or all the way. You will be forever changed just because of the risk you took. Go for it!