(1) Where are you from?
Los Angeles, Ca
(2) What day did you start?
February 10, 2018
(3) What day did you finish?
October 3, 2018
(4) Do you have a trail name?
(5) If so, where did it come from?
I was using the phrase Same Same but different a lot.
(6) What did you dream of when things weren’t going well?
The pretty standard hot meal and a bed indoors.
(7) Did you experience anything miraculous?
I don’t think so.
(8) Any memorable encounters with the elements, or wildlife?
The typical bear, rattlesnake and marmots stealing food. Got caught in 2 bad rainstorms in the Sierra. Got caught in the freezing cold snowstorms in Washington at the end.
(9) Think back to your “pre-hike self.” Now think of yourself here at the end. Has anything changed?
Definitely have more confidence in myself both physically and mentally.
(10) Now that you are off the trail, what do you miss most about it?
100% the people I met on the trail.
(11) Before you started, what were you most afraid of?
If I would actually enjoy hiking for months at a time.
(12) Now that you are finished, what are you most afraid of?
Getting caught in another long work cycle. I worked for 10 years straight before I quit to travel and hike.
(13) What’s the difference between life on the trail and life off the trail?
There are way more things to worry about off the trail. Life on trail was so simple.
(14) Would you like to add anything else?
The experience is just something I will remember forever. One of the most challenging things I’ve tried, yet at the same time one of the most enjoyable times of my life.